WHERE: The Starboard,
2009 Coastal Highway,
Dewey Beach DE 19971
(Sussex County Delaware Vendor Fairs, Craft Shows.)
DESCRIPTION: Our Dewey Sip and Shop is on Black Friday and Small Business Saturday. We will have live music by Spokey Speak on Friday, and live music on Saturday by Chris Steele and Kaleb Brown. We will have Dogfish Brewery, Dewey Beer Co., Big Oyster, 38-75 Brewing, Revelation Brewery, Mispillion Brewery, and Crooked Hammock brewery giving away complimentary beer samples.
We will also have 30 vendors with 100% handmade artwork and goods. The first 500 people Friday and Saturday will get free gift bags! Our tag line is Holiday Cheer with a Sip of Beer! The Annual Sip and Shop continues to grow and we are anticipating our biggest crowd yet.
Arts and crafts vendors wanted with handcrafted items only!
EVENT CONTACT: Leah Beach at firstname.lastname@example.org
2018 EVENT FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/events/340540140051991/
- Product: Items for sale must be handmade by you or a product that has been branded by you, in the past we have allowed people to sell clothing and other items from their shop that wasn’t handmade but we are no longer allowing any products that are not made by you.
- An example of an unacceptable product would be like setting up and selling Mary Kay makeup, clothing that isn’t made by you, sauces or spices not hand mixed by you. Please send us an email if you have questions about this.
- Set up: You will recieve a 6′ table with an 8′ space, you can have a set up beind you or next to you to show off your product, or even in front. We encourage creative set ups and you may request no table or bring a small table for a larger ground set up! We have had complaints in the past about space being too tight so we are doing our best to accomodate as many vendors as possible.
- Weather: Event will be helth rain, snow, or shine! Unless there is a natural disaster like a Hurricane headed our way we will make the call a few days prior to our tent bring set up and vendor fees will be reimbursed.
- Security: No security will be provided. Items must be broken down and taken home Friday night. Many vendors leave their items in the Starboard. There is security cameras and it is a very safe space, but that is up to you.
- Bringing Children: We get this question a lot, yes kids are welcome!
- Electricity: We have very limted access to power. Please plan to have battery operated lights. We will not have electricity access to power unless you have to have it for your set up display.
- Heat: The tent and the Lower Deck Bar area will be comfortably heated.
- Set up/ Breakdown: Set up will be Friday 7AM sharp, ready to go at 9AM. Saturday 8AM sharp, ready to go at 10AM. Breakdown will be no later than 5PM. There are no exceptions. Vendors who break down early will not be welcomed back.
- Insurance/ Finance: Vendors are 100% responsible for handling their own sales and insurance. More info on sales and finance will be available in the acceptance packet.
- Full Two Day Vendor $300 includes 6′ table/ 8′ space, 1 chair, marketing on social media about you and your product, and lunch!
- One Day Vendor $150 includes 6′ table/ 8′ space, 1 chair, marketing on social media about you and your product, and lunch!
- What does your vendor fee go towards? This year we are all about marketing. We are investing our vendor fees into marketing with local news sources, magazine ads, interviews on radio stations, taking out ads in Wilmington, Philadelphia, and DC, and so much more.
- Vendor fees are non-refundable unless the event has to be canceled. Vendor fees are not tax deductible.
- To fill out an application please visit https://www.jotform.com/deweyartistcollab/sipshop2018
- Applications are due Thursday, November 1, 2018.